The disturbing photo above is of China’s “sewer baby” who was flushed down a toilet, before becoming stuck in a sewer pipe last May. The baby was rescued by firefighters.
Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident of depravity and indifference. It is the natural result of the Abortion Mentality.
• October 17 – the dead body of a baby was discovered in the bag of a 17-year-old teen suspected of shoplifting at a Victoria’s Secret store in Manhattan. Police indicate that the baby was full term and was born alive, and then likely asphyxiated.
• October 11 – A newborn baby is found, bleeding but alive, with part of his umbilical cord still attached, abandoned on the concrete in the back yard of a house in Queens, New York. The baby survived.
• August 28 – A woman gives birth in a bar restroom in Pennsylvania, stuffs the baby in the water tank of a toilet, and then returns to the bar to watch a fight on TV. The body was subsequently discovered by the bar owner.
• August 7 – The body of a baby is discovered at a hospital rest room in Texas.
• July 9 – Police discover the body of a baby abandoned in a diaper box in the bushes at a public park in Roseville, California.
• June 21 – The body of a newborn baby is discovered in a trash can in Oildale, California.
• June 12 – Brittany Cole is arrested in Altheimer, Arkansas, after dumping her infant son in the trash can. She reportedly told police that she was tired of caring for the baby and could no longer do so.
• June 5 – Twenty-seven-year-old Virginia resident Shavaughn Robinson is charged after allegedly giving birth in a toilet, then placing her daughter in a trash can, and then taking the garbage bag with the baby in it out of the can and tossing it in a dumpster.
• May 30 – Police announce that charges will not be filed against a Kansas teen who gave birth and dumped the body of her baby in a trash can. The teen claimed the baby was stillborn.
• May 2 – Cherlie Lafleur, 19, is arrested in Pennsylvania after allegedly attempting to flush her newborn baby down the toilet at her school. When that didn’t work, she reportedly deposited the body in the trash can.
It seems that setting out babies as trash shouldn’t be all that all surprising, since babies are treated as medical waste in abortion clinics all across the country.
April 19, 2013 – A former employee of late-term abortionist Kermit Gosnell testfies in court how on one occasion a fully formed baby was born alive into a toilet. Kareema Cross said the baby was making “swimming motions” as if it was trying to get out. Another of Gosnell’s employees, Adrienne Moton, then took the baby out of the toilet, and slit its spinal cord.
This only touches the surface of similarly macabre stories that have come out of the abortion industry. The Kermit Gosnell case alone provided hundreds of pages of nausea-inducing stories of living newborn babies crying, squirming and swimming before being brutally murdered and then dumped in the trash, or ground up in the clinic’s garbage disposal.
While Gosnell was found guilty because he murdered the babies after they were born, it’s clear that his crimes stemmed directly from the abortionist’s mentality. In many cases if he had killed the babies minutes earlier, it would have been perfectly legal. To him there was little difference between killing them before or after birth.
Recently, former Seattle City Council member Judy Nicastro wrote an article in the New York Times touting her abortion of her son at 23 weeks, saying that she was “grateful” that the late-term abortion let her son die “in a warm and loving place.” In the article she describes, as if it were a beautifully emotional moment, how, “I felt my son’s budding life end as a doctor inserted a needle through my belly into his tiny heart.”
So why are there so many stories emerging of people dumping their babies into toilets or trash cans? Could it possibly be that our politicians, our doctors, and our laws, all agree that killing babies and treating them like trash is acceptable, and a critical part of a “free” society? And if so, should we really be surprised when people behave as if that’s actually true because society reinforces the values of a culture of death.